Re: need help to secure production DB from ODBC access

From: Allan Gould <allang_at_sco.remove_me.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:57:05 +0000

Ellie Fillmore wrote:

> We have our Oracle 7.3 database on an HP-UX box and is being accessed
> through a canned front-end that requires each oracle user
> select,insert,update,delete authority to each table. The front-end is a
> project management tool that also interfaces with Microsoft project. How
> can we limit people from coming in thru ODBC to change the data and force
> them to come in thru the front-end??

This is a fairly common issue which some ODBC vendors have addressed, including us. Take a look at
http://www.sco.com/support/ciservices/sqlr/docs/secman.html.

For more details on our ODBC driver SCO SQL-Retriever. Take a look at http://www.sco.com/vision/products/sqlretriever/ for more information and a downloadable eval.

Allan Gould
SCO CID Support, Leeds, UK
(allang at sco dot com)
(Please remove anti-spam measures if replying) Received on Thu Feb 25 1999 - 03:57:05 CST