Re: Oracle on NT backup tools?

From: Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:15:59 GMT

Eamon Dalton <eamon.dalton_at_heanet.ie> kirjoitteli seuraavaa:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I am setting up Oracle8 on NT server 4.0 and I was wondering if anybody
>could recommend a backup utility for Oracle8 on NT with a RAID 5
>configuration, preferably a tool that allows total server and database
>recovery, i.e. if the server is destroyed the Oracle database can be
>totally recovered on a new system from backup media.

If you have disk space enough, you could use ocopy and NT's standard backup program. (low-cost alternative, if you were seeking that :-) )

Ocopy copies database-files on the fly to another disk/directory and it's easy to backup them from there. It takes some time, so I don't know if there's consistent data in files. I suppose not.

Anyway it's better than shutting Oracle down completely for backup or no backup at all.

Tuomas
--

hosia_at_lut.fi(Tuomas Hosia) DoD#1684   \ On paljon hauskempi olla pakanana,
Lappeenranta University of Technology \ ei tarvitse koskaan olla vakavana.