snapshot not runnning (on oracle and linux)

From: <draft_at_fear.ch>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:17:13 GMT

I have a problem creating snapshots

In my oracle database are about 15 snapshots, that should refresh every night from an other computer. 14 snapshots work fine, but there's one snapshot, that stops running (tcpdump tells that there's no communication). I only can kill the process, but then a sys lock is on this snapshot.

I'm using debian linux 2.2.0 and oracle 8.x (the latest port)

where's the clue?