Re: Oracle, ODBC, and MS Access 2.0

From: Anthony Nicholls <_at_cablinet>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:58:32 +0000

Cheers Tim.

I downloaded the Oracle7 ODBC Driver for Windows, and installed them. I can connect fine using the ODBC Test software which comes as part of the installation, which proves that my SQLNet is working fine. But when I try to attach a table (or open an attached table) in a MS Access 2.0 database I get a 7551 conformance error message.

After checking the help file, the Installing ODBC bulletin on Oracle's website, and checking my configuration files, the ODBC installation routine has setup links to SQORA73.DLL. The bulletin shows examples for SQORA71.DLL. Have I downloaded the wrong driver, or have I missed something?