Embedding PL/SQL blocks in EXCEL/ACCESS queries ??

From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes_at_interlog.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 05:09:54 GMT

  Excel and Access (97 versions) can both submit "raw" SQL instead of queries done via "wizards". Using regular ODBC and ODBCDirect (is ODBCDirect = RDO/ADO???) I've managed to...

  1. submit a 1-line SQL SELECT query and get row(s) back
  2. submit 2 SQL "SELECT ... INTO ..." queries inside a BEGIN/END Option b) looks promising and powerful, but doesn't return any data. I would obviously need to pass parameters back and forth to get data out of it. I'd like to eventually use VBA to write automated calls via EXCEL and ACCESS. The Pl/SQL could run on the server (or at least call stored packages) and hopefully return data either via arrays, or end of with a regular SQL SELECT, dumping the data to the calling program on the PC. Is there any documentation regarding what you can/cannot do, and how it's done? It sems the hardest part of Oracle is to FTFM (FIND The ... Manual).

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes_at_interlog.com> procmail spamfilter http://www.interlog.com/~waltdnes/spamdunk/spamdunk.htm Why a fiscal conservative opposes Toronto 2008 OWE-lympics http://www.interlog.com/~waltdnes/owe-lympics/owe-lympics.htm Received on Tue Feb 23 1999 - 23:09:54 CST