need help to secure production DB from ODBC access

From: Ellie Fillmore <efillmore_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:37:35 -0500

We have our Oracle 7.3 database on an HP-UX box and is being accessed through a canned front-end that requires each oracle user select,insert,update,delete authority to each table. The front-end is a project management tool that also interfaces with Microsoft project. How can we limit people from coming in thru ODBC to change the data and force them to come in thru the front-end??

Any ideas would be appreciated!

efillmore_at_earthlink.net Received on Tue Feb 23 1999 - 21:37:35 CST