Pausing inside a cursor

From: <jrsmith_at_netwave.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:47:28 GMT

All,

I'm new to sql so I'm hoping my question isn't too dumb...

I have a cursor:

DECLARE
   CURSOR c IS SELECT...;
   v c%ROWTYPE;
BEGIN
   OPEN...
   LOOP

      FETCH... etc...
      EXIT WHEN...
      DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(zzyzz)...
      [ and I want to prompt for return here regardless of page size ]
         --DO OTHER THINGS...

   END LOOP;
   CLOSE...
END;
/
bail

How do I get this script to pause inside the loop regardless of linecount? When I put in:

    PAUSE Strike return...;

It rags that it's looking for a token or an assignment operator. When I remove the pause, the app runs cleanly but scrolls by faster than the user can appreciate.

Thx,
Jim Smith