Re: How do I become an Oracle DBA?

From: Michael Rothwell <michael_rothwell_at_non-hp-usa-om46.om.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:51:39 -0800

mark.powell_at_eds.com wrote:

> It is my opinion that Oracle DBA salaries cover a very large range. The
> salary level depends on the local site job requirements, shop size,
> experience, and ability level. A lot of employers do not pay anywhere near
> 60K, but some do, and contractors can make up to 120K, but few make over 80K.
> You generally need experience with SAP or People Systems software along with
> Oracle for the really big money.

Take a looke at the following web address for some "Real Rates". Put Oracle in the Langue field and you will find many more salaries greater than 60K than those less than 60K.

http://www.realrates.com/ssearch.htm

Michael.

--
Michael A. Rothwell
Oracle DBA/Oracle Web Applications Developer

Views expressed here are not those of my company No - Actually - Since I am independent, They are the views of my company. Received on Tue Feb 23 1999 - 12:51:39 CST