Problem using installShield 5.1 and Oracle ODBC driver

From: Neil Farmer <nfarmer_at_orchestream.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:09:29 +0000

Hi all,

I am currently trying to create an application which will automatically install a ODBC system DSN connection to an Oracle8 database on NT4.0.

If I go into the Control Panel->ODBC part and manually configure the connection it is fine, I can connect to the database. But I want installShield
to do this - the problem seems to be what parameters are needed in the _drivers.ini file to get the ODBC connection. The only information that gets put in is that it is using the Oracle8 driver, the DSN name and the description, the data source information never gets filled in. Does anyone know what the parameters that I need to give it so that it will get the correct service name, user id and password?

I have tried all sorts of parameters such as DBA, DBQ, SRVR, PWD, UID but none of them seem to make any difference.

I am using InstallShield 5.1 and successfully got it to work perfectly with ODBC and MS Access - I used the ODBC 3.0 templates that you get with it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Neil

--
Neil Farmer

nfarmer@orchestream.com                   http://www.orchestream.com

Tel: +44 (0)171 598 7555 (direct)         Orchestream Ltd.
     +44 (0)171 460 4460 (switchboard)    125 Old Brompton Road
Fax: +44 (0)171 460 4461                  London SW7 3RP, UK