Re: [Q]ORA-01403 "no data found"

From: <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:00:55 GMT

In article <7at74a$9ib$1_at_b5nntp2.channeli.net>,   "Kim Seul Kee" <mandala_at_edunet.kmec.net> wrote:
> I had a problem while using a simple query.(selection)
> Although I inserted some rows in the specified table
> using sqlplus, sql query sentences doesn't work on
> VB 5, even on Pro*C function.
> Instead, they produce error "1403".
>
> But some other table the simple selection query
> works!!!
>
> Same SID made the table, and connected , and selected.
> I just don't know what to do.
>
> I just don't know where these differences came from.
>
> I work under Oracle 7.3.2 , Pro*C/C++: Release 2.2.4.0.0
> SunOS 5.5.1.
>
> Please help.
>
> Kim Seul Kee

I will take the statement 'Same SID' to mean the same session created the table and then selected the data so we should be able to rule out a failure to commit by the creating session. And since the query returned a a no_data_found error then the SQL appears to be valid so maybe it is telling the truth. You did not list your SQL so if it is testing against a varchar or char coluimn could it be a case problem, that is upper vs. lower case? With what information you gave that is all that comes to mind. Good luck.

Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --