Advanced Replication

From: <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:31:31 GMT

Using Advanced Replication, I need to add new Master site to existing Master Group. I need table data from Master Definition site to be appended to data already in the table on new Master site. I was trying various values combinations of 'COPY_ROWS' parameter in dbms_repcat.create_master_repobject and dbms_repcat.add_master_database - nothing worked the way I need it: either table on new Master site was truncated and then data from master Definition site were copied, or (with different combination of values of 'COPY_ROWS') table was not truncated on new master site, but data from Master Definition site were not copied. Is there a solution to this problem, or I have to create my own procedure, that will initially copy data from Master Definition site, appending to existing data on new master site?