Re: Help setting up an Oracle DB

From: Jim Kennedy <Jim_Kennedy_at_MedicaLogic.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 05:31:32 -0800

It depends. A single disk drive can only handle so many I/O's per second. You want to keep from saturating a drive's i/o s (probably saturates at around 60 i/o's / second). So how many i/o's per second are the queries that are coming in going to each table? Probably not an easy question to answer. You need to distribute the i/o's accross the drives. Jim