Help How do I create..?

From: A.Khalak <khalakmu_at_erols.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:10:35 -0500

Hi,

     Any thought would be highly appreciated.. am new to access... I have four Tables namely Countries,Class,Issues, Items

   Items can be > millions....records

         fileds Itemno,class one field (30 char max),Issues one field (50 char max)

   Countries.. may be 9999 or 99999 max records    Class 25 to 35 char field

question is simple should I create country table with index,class table with index,
issues table with index,and items of it index.

should I approach like Senerio 1

       country
                  ( fields)    cid                    number(5)pk
                                   countryname    char(40)

        Class
                                    ClassId             Number(2)pk
                                    Calssname      cahr(35)

          ClassNCountry

                                     CCID                number()pk
                                     Cid                   Number(5)fk
                                     ClassId            number(2)fk
          ( Just to save disk space when Items are > million)

         Issues
                                     Isuid                  Number() pk
                                     CCID                 Number()fk

         Items
                                    ItemId          number()  pk
                                    IssuId           number()  fk

Or          Senerio Two

                                Items      number()pk
                                Isuid       number()  fk
                                Classid  number(2)fk
                                CId         number(5) fk

which of the two aproach I chold take ...? this is nu bee learing Just aprt from different entities am considering saving of space with reducing Byte used. any thoughs would be highly appreciated...

                                            thanks in advance

  1. Khalak