Re: Granting access to a Sequence

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 14:41:43 GMT

A copy of this was sent to akil1_at_mindspring.com (Kevin Bass) (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:21:38 GMT, you wrote:

>CORRECTION:
>
>I was attempting to grant select access to sequence called sq_expat_cmnt_no_o1
>and not a sequenc called esq_cmnt_no_01 but has receive the following error:
>
> grant select to sq_expat_cmnt_no_01 to public

               ^^ should be ON

SQL> create sequence my_seq;

Sequence created.

SQL> grant select to my_seq to public;
grant select to my_seq to public

      *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00990: missing or invalid privilege

SQL> grant select ON my_seq to public;

Grant succeeded.

>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-00990: missing or invalid privilege
>

>I have the following system privilege as a DBA:
>
>GRANTEE GRANTED_ROLE ADM DEF
>------------------------------ ------------------------------ --- ---
>SYSTEM DBA YES YES
>
>How can I get around this error and grant select access to this sequence
>if possbile)?
>

>akil1_at_mindspring.com (Kevin Bass) wrote:
>
>>I am attempting to grant select access to sequence called sq_cmnt_no_01 but has
>>receive the following error:
>
>> grant select to sq_expat_cmnt_no_01 to public
>
>>ERROR at line 1:
>>ORA-00990: missing or invalid privilege
>

>>I have the following system privilege as a DBA:
>
>>GRANTEE GRANTED_ROLE ADM DEF
>>SYSTEM DBA YES YES
>
>>How can I get around this error and grant select access to this sequence (if
>>possbile)?

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Feb 20 1999 - 08:41:43 CST