SQL Loader question

From: Scott Mattes <smattes_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:55:58 -0500

I can not test on a real system yet (and believe it or not, my Oracle guru just died from injuries suffered in a car crash last week), but while I wait I am creating a utility to take in COBOL copylib members and create load statements.

How do I specify the datatype of a field that is 9(5)v99 (hence the data looks like 99999 in the source file)? I am guessing for right now that I would say
DECIMAL EXTERNAL(5) (but, how do I tell it the precision - we need 2?). Or, can I do INTEGER EXTERNAL(5) and use some function (at load time) to divide it by 100?

Thank you.

Scott Mattes
ICQ: 18330579
Work: Scott.Mattes_at_Wang.com
Home: SMattes_at_Erols.com Received on Fri Feb 19 1999 - 07:55:58 CST