character set on exp log

From: Amy Davidson <davidson_at_spectec.it>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:08:18 +0100

I watched over someones shoulder today as they created a database on NT. They chose the US7ASCII character set I am certain!

I did an export today of that same database. The following is the top of the exp.log file:

Connected to: Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.3.0.0 - Production Release With the distributed, replication, parallel query and Spatial Data options PL/SQL Release 2.3.3.0.0 - Production
Export done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set

If the database was created with US7ASCII why does the export log say that the character set is WE8ISO8859P1?

Regards,
Amy Received on Thu Feb 18 1999 - 08:08:18 CST