View with different datatype ?

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:24:45 GMT

I would like to create 2 views and then create a view based on a union of those views...The problem I am facing is that the dataypes ( actually the size part, one table has a field defined as number(38) the comparable field in the other table is number(3)) of the underlying tables differ ; is there a way to create a view that does not use the underlying datatype ( or create with a datatype parameter ) ?

Thanks for any info....

Email to john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us
or post here; I check it daily....

John Greco
MnDOT Human Resource Office

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 10:24:45 CST