Testing Oracle-Based Applications

From: gwhelan <lcc_at_rafstanbridge.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:56:06 GMT

Our database is migrating from the 16th Century to Oracle and all the improvements a RDB brings.
We in the Test Cell are wanting to know how much about Oracle do we need to know?

All the training companies want to sell us courses from SQL/PLSQL, Designer/Developer, Forms etc. OF COURSE THEY DO, they're big bucks.

IF anyone out there is using automated testing tools (Compuware, Mercury, Segue) and effectively testing a large database, preferably client/server stock control, please let me know the skills/knowledge your people have. Personal opinions and experience always better than sales pitch.

Thanks
Garry. Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 03:56:06 CST