Problem getting rid of POL3.5 not null constraints

From: Gerald B. Rosenberg <gbr_at_newtechlaw.com>
Date: 16 Feb 1999 21:19:26 PST

I seem to be running into every conceivable problem trying to get rid of not null constraints on a table in POLite 3.5. The data has both commas and tabs in it, so export/import does not work for me. Copying the table structure using the Oracle Navigator tool, even if I say no to copying constraints, produces fields still with the not null constraints.

I have now rebuilt the table by hand, so to speak, without the not null constraints (and in the same schema). But I have not figured out the sql insert statement yet. I thought

insert into tableA
values select * from tableB

should work, but I get a syntax error.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
Gerald Received on Tue Feb 16 1999 - 23:19:26 CST