Re: Oracle 8 in Netware 5 vs Sun Solaris

From: Satar <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:16:06 GMT

In article <7a9a2g$qqb$1_at_inet16.us.oracle.com>,   "Daniel" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote:
> MMK Productions wrote in message <7a85e8$8r7_at_world6.bellatlantic.net>...
> >... NW is an "other" port and gets very little attention within Oracle
> >itself.
>
> Rubbish...

What I believe that MMK was trying to say, is that Sun MicroSystems and Oracle Corporation are in bed with one another. That the majority or Oracle's focus is geared towards Sun as a platform. If you don't agree, check out Oracle's website and see which platform is featured and mentioned the most...also check out Sun's website and see which database is featured and mentioned the most.

I feel that MMK's post is right on the money, and I also hope to see Oracle on Linux as a strong solution. I also wonder how Windows 2000 will hold up as a platform for Oracle.

To the original poster, if the funds are available, stick with Sun.

Regards,
Satar
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
"Opinions are the result of the voices in my head only, and do not reflect my employer or Oracle Corporation."