Oracle vs. SQL-server, help!

From: <sm0rvv_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 09:51:57 GMT

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a FAQ - point me to the FAQ document in that case...

I'm new to Oracle (and SQL-server).
We are running Ingres on Solaris right now, but the management have decided to change strategy of DBMS.

Now I need help to convince our management that we want Oracle and not SQL-server. This because I'm a UNIX-man and I don't think NT is stable enough as an operating system.

I don't want any flaming, I like to receive facts.

I don't have usenet-feed, so please respond to my hotmail e-mail address mailto:sm0rvv_at_hotmail.com (I don't like spam in my ordinary mailbox and dejanews is not so easy to read news from)

Tnx in advance!
./Erik