distributing tnsnames.ora file to clients/servers

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:27:57 -0800

Does anyone have a good way to distribute tnsnames.ora files to all clients
on the network as well as the unix servers? I wanted to have a central
place that would hold the master copy of our tnsnames file. As I update
it, I want to have both a daily job to push it out to other unix servers
and I want to push it out to NT clients on the network.

I've thought of having a common network drive mapped and have all clients point to it, but the single point of failure trashed that idea. The other was to have it copied over each time the client logs in.

By the way, we use Oracle Names now and we've had a few instances of it "spinning" and not handling requests and keeping clients from accessing the databases. I want to have a backup available.

Does anyone have a better idea???

Thanks,
Steve Received on Mon Feb 15 1999 - 23:27:57 CST