Query about inserting records

From: Steven H. <steve.hovington_at_datacore.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:03:52 GMT

In my SELECT statement, I need to insert records from one table into another, but also insert a unique value into an additional field in the target table for each record inserted. For example,

Inserted records, target table:-

Field_1       Field_2        Field_3
bill              smith            1
ted             wilson          2

Field_1 and Field_2 come from the source table. Field_3 I want to generate a unique numeric value for each record, starting from 1.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Steven Hovington
Datacore Ltd Received on Mon Feb 15 1999 - 08:03:52 CST