Re: Insufficient privelege as system user ???

From: Gjlinker <gjlinker_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Feb 1999 21:19:33 GMT

Dear Sujay,

> What would cause an "insufficient privelege" problem
>while working as the "system" user? In SQLPLUS
>I'm doing a "desc table_name" where the table is actually
>a synonym. For some of the tables I get the above error
>message.

The idea behind the privileges in Oracle is that you cannot see others objects unless you have been granted to see them. This is irrespective the fact whether you are system user or an ordinary user. It may confuse some that a system admin is not able to see all objects but that's how the privileges seem to work.

Regards Gerrit-Jan Linker,

*| Gerrit-Jan Linker : gjlinker_at_aol.com
*|
*| http://members.aol.com/gjlinker

*|
*| Developer of:
*| Oraxcel, OraWeb, OraSQL, OraCodes and OraDebug
LLLL      IIII  TTTTTTTTTTTT
LLLL      IIII  TTTTTTTTTTTT
LLLL      IIII      TTTT
LLLL      IIII      TTTT