Re: Delphi 3 and oracle 8 ODBC probs

From: Tim Shute <Tshute_at_nospam-nisoft.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:15:07 +0000

In article <0R5kIEAeMhw2Ew2l_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>, Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk> writes
>Hi All,
>I have just purchased Delphi 3 professional to use as a
>front end for my personal oracle 8.0.4.
>I know Delphi 4 has support for lots of new oracle 8 features,
>but I'm not interested in all that. Tables, columns, data. That's it.
>
>The problem is that Delphi seems to have a problem with my ODBC
>connection to my personal oracle 8.0.4. It works, but the list of table
>choices shown is nonsense - happens in the delphi database explorer too.
>To elaborate, you may pick an oracle table to base a form on, but
>the list of tables for a user with only 2 tables might have 10 listings
>with various mispellings of the name of one of the tables - with no
>mention of the second table.
>
>The ODBC connection works fine with other tools. ie: the odbc test
>utility that oracle provide. So I'm wondering if the ODBC interfaces
>changed enormously between ora 7 and 8.
>Has anyone had any joy connecting delphi 3 to oracle 8?
>Thanks
>Steve

Steve,

This may not be too much help, but we've successfully connected Delphi's BDE to PO8, but using the native driver supplied with the client/server edition of Delphi.

If you've got it,just change the ORANT71 / ORA73 DLL to read ORA804.DLL.

HTH
--
Tim Shute
Software Engineering Manager