Oracle on NT question

From: Amy Davidson <davidson_at_spectec.it>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:29:33 +0100

I've spent about 10 years using unix and about  2 weeks using NT. My question concerns moving a database and then deleting the original files.

 This is what I did:

  1. alter database backup controlfile to trace;
  2. shutdown normal
  3. copied the data files and log files to new destination.
  4. edited the trace file created in #1 and renamed it controlfile.sql. Of course I changed the location of the log files and data files in the controlfile.sql.
  5. from svrmgr I did the following: startup nomount pfile=\orant\database\test\inittest.ora @controlfile.sql alter database open resetlogs

The database came up nicely and people are using it and I'm generally happy BUT.....

I can't get rid of the original data files. NT tells me that they are in use. By WHO? I can't figure out who (or what event) is using these files.

Any help would be very nice!

Regards,
Amy Received on Fri Feb 12 1999 - 09:29:33 CST