Re: sybase vs. oracle

From: <alcyone82_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:09:11 GMT

Oracle is rapidly killing off Sybase... I'm currently working a job for a client who is dumping Sybase and migrating to Oracle. This appears to happening a lot these days.

What in particular do you want to know?

If your interested in performance comparisons, go to www.tpc.org. Here you'll find head-to-head performance results of different systems compared with a benchmarks that mimic real-world applications.

-Dave
 DB Development Consultant