Re: Authentication with unix password file.

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 11 Feb 1999 10:02:33 -0500

Rami Krankurs <romank_at_qualcomm.com> writes:

> Hello
>
> Does anyone know how can i authenticate oracle users against unix
> password file,
>
> or unix-nis-passwd map ?

It's not possible to authenticate user passwords against the Unix password file either local or NIS.

> I know i can authenticate against kerberos, what about radius ?
RADIUS authentication will be available in Oracle8i.

> I have oracle7 and oracle web server, and i want that users will be able
> use
>
> same password in their accounts (solaris 2.6), how do i make this happen
> ?

I believe that the Oracle Application Server supports O/S user authentication but since the database does not, there's no way to do it.

--

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman