Re: Archive recovery - archive file number problem.

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:30:54 -0600

Now, why would you say that?

You can restore a hot backup and recover up to the current time. You do NOT need to 'alter database recover cancel' unless it is your desire to do an incomplete recovery.

A complete recovery after a restore from a hot backup will roll right through all the archive logs and right into the current redo log. After that, the recovery is complete.