Re: SQL-Pro*C++ : Copying char* into VARCHAR

From: HandyCam <bogic_at_hotkey.net.au>
Date: 11 Feb 1999 02:18:01 GMT

My question is why did you declare the "dest " variable within the DECLARE SECTION ?
Wherein you can declare "dest" in the C language. e.g.
void MyClass::f(char * str)
char dest [20];
{
strcpy (dest,str);
EXEC SQL DECLARE c_sample CURSOR
SELECT * from sampletable where fldvar = :dest ; }

OR maybe the data from "str" variable contains more than 20 characters.