Sqlplus and files

From: Blumenfeld, Symen (EXCHANGE:PPDMS:7A85) <symenb_at_americasm01.nt.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 13:56:35 -0500

I have a small problem which I hope somebody can clear up for me?

I have a number of scripts, each of which installs a stored procedure, then creates a synonym, then grants public access to it. In the script, right after the 'End <scriptname>' I have a single '/' on new line and then another one after the final 'grant' statement.

If I run the script from the command line i.e.:

>sqlplus user/password @scriptname.sql

It works fine. Also if I start up sqlplus and then 'cut and paste' the script
into the command line it also works fine.

However, if I try to pull the file into sqlplus, and then execute it by:

SQL> get <scriptname>
 <lines of script>
 36* grant execute on <scriptname> to public;  37 @<scriptname>

I get the following:

Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

Synonym created.

Grant succeeded.

'Show errors' gives me:

LINE/COL ERROR

34/1 PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "/"

which is pointing at the '/' after the 'End <scriptname>'???

This is running 'PL/SQL Release 2.2.3.0.0 - Production' in an xterm on an HPUX 10.20 machine. Can anyone explain what's going on?

                                Thanks Received on Tue Feb 09 1999 - 12:56:35 CST