Re: DBA personality traits

From: Mark Townsend <mtownsen_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 12:41:16 -0800

Secretive and insular ? Today's DBA's are about as threatening as teletubbies when compared to their immediate predecesor.....

The dreaded MVS System Progammer ...

I had one once who controlled the only phone in a room of 12 contractors. His standard trick when your significant other rang was to say 'Sorry, but xxxx has just gone out to lunch with his/her girfriend/boyfriend'. Also took
great delight in writing Assembler that NOBODY could follow.