Re: help !! please !! change character set we8dec to we8iso8859p1

From: Mike Burden <michael.burden_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 15:14:58 +0000

I've changed the character set of my database from USASCII7 to we8iso8859p9.

Oracle have an article on how to do it 105600.874

Simply update sys.props$ and set the NLS_CHARACTERSET to the value you want.

Backup your database first, just in case, and make sure you've got the new character set installed.