How to insert CLOB column with pro*c??

From: <simrion_at_263.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 07:37:58 GMT

  I create a table and insert records with pro*c program.

create table rm96:
SQL>create table rm96(author varchar2(20),article CLOB);

insert record in pro*c:

OCIClobLocator *lclob;
EXEC SQL ALLOCATE :lclob;
char Auth[20];
varchar Arti[20000];
unsigned int amt,offset=1;
strcpy(Auth,"John");
strcpy((char *)Arti,"computer science");

amt=strlen(Arti);

EXEC SQL WHENEVER SQLERROR DO ShowSQLError();

EXEC SQL INSERT INTO rm96(author,article)

     VALUES (:Auth,EMPTY_CLOB()) RETURNING article INTO :lclob;

EXEC SQL LOB WRITE ONE :amt FROM :Arti INTO :lclob AT :offset;

But when I run the program ,it raises an error: ORA-24801: illegal parameter value in OCI lob function

Hope this helps.
Any help would be appreciated.

Simrion
e-mail:simrion_at_263.net