Lock on table

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: 8 Feb 1999 14:32:46 GMT

Is there a way that i can see which tables have been locked and which sql-statements have caused the lock? Are there any tools I can use? Will TOAD do the trick for me?

I am programming an application in Delphi4 using DOA and Oracle 8.0.4. A simple update statement hangs. I assume its waiting for a lock to be released, but I have no idea what caused the lock.

What locks are there in Oracle? If one SQL-statement is reading from a table, would that cause an update on the same table to fail? It is not the commit that fails but the actual update.

Thanks Received on Mon Feb 08 1999 - 08:32:46 CST