PL/SQL and alter table

From: Jurgen Roeland <Jurgen.Roeland_at_aisystems.be>
Date: 8 Feb 1999 10:09:36 GMT

Is it possible to write an ALTER TABLE statement dropping a constraint in a PL/SQL procedure ? And if not, what is the alternative.

I want to update a part of my primary key which is a reference twice to another table through foreign key. I want to update this part of the key to a new value.
So I would like to drop the foreign key constraints, update and then put them back.
However I keep getting PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "ALTER" when expecting one of the following:.... from the compiler.

What am I doing wrong here ?

Jurgen Roeland Received on Mon Feb 08 1999 - 04:09:36 CST