USA ZIP CODE AND CAN POSTALCODE HELP.

From: Sebas Santos <sebas_at_shaw.wave.ca>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 14:30:21 GMT

I need to validate US Zip Codes like(99999)and CANPostalCodes like(A9A-9A9).
it could be entered in UPPER, LOWER OR MIXED cases. What functions should I use to check character by character. For example: User enters A9A9a9 or 35654 and I want to check the 1st char to see if it is a number or character. If it is number, then it checks for other 4 consecutive numbers and returns valid else returns invalid. If the first the 1st char is a character a to z, then it checks for the 2nd char 0 to 9, 3rd char a to z, 4th char 0 to 9, 5th char a to z, 6th char 0 to 9, and returns valid, else returns invalid.

Can you help me on this?
Thank you very mx
Sebastian <sebas_at_shaw.wave.ca> Received on Sun Feb 07 1999 - 08:30:21 CST