Re: Dev5.0 & Dev4.5 runtime both on same platform?

From: Louise Weiler <ljweiler_at_nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 15:40:38 GMT

Yes, this can be done (assuming, of course, the Forms 5.0 Runtime forms do not have the same names as the Forms 4.5 Runtime forms).

The way I did it where I work:

I installed Forms 4.5 on the machine. Then, exported the registry file so I had it. I also had a registry file from the Forms 5.0 installation done on a clean hard drive.

I COPIED the files from the Forms 5.0 installation over the top of the Forms 4.5 installation, overwriting old files with new files (there were a handful of DLL's (which, btw, cured some of our Forms 4.5 problems...), some files in the dbs directory, and a handful of executables; everything else was a new directory). I then merged the two registry files together, and exported that to subsequently install on other client machines.

Both sets of code ran (I actually separated my app into a Forms 4.5 directory and a Forms 5.0 directory, and tested the same app in both versions), and, I could run them simultaneously. We are in the process of checking this with different applications across a variety of client machines.

HTH
Louise