Posting To Oracle Databases On Different Platforms But Same Names

From: Michael Murphy <murphym_at_pop.halcyon.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:24:34 -0800

Hi -
Could someone educate me on the following: How does one post data from one Oracle database to another Oracle database on a different computer but with the same database name as production. Can we specify a platform / I.P. name in the SQL?

We are looking to post off production tables to a test configuration using Oracle database capabilities. Production is v7.3 and test is 7.2, both on AIX.

Thanks for assistance.

Mike Murphy
murphym_at_ajillus.com Received on Fri Feb 05 1999 - 17:24:34 CST