Unexpected ORA-1002

From: Ms. D.H. Harvey <qq45_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:06:04 GMT

Recently, we've come across a error message ORA-01002 --> fetch out of sequence
when ONLY running an SQL query of the following format:

select a.con1, b.con2, c.con3....
from table1 a, table2 b, table3 c...
where ....
and ....
order by 1,2,3

This script runs happily from an SQL session on UNIX, but in one from an NT workstation, sometimes (NOT ALWAY) it produces the ORA-01002 error message and returns one row less than it should. For example, when it should return 40 rows, when the error message appears, it only return 39 rows. As the explanation of this error does not seem to make any sense in our case what I'd like to know is: what has caused the error message? What should be checked?

TIA Helen Received on Fri Feb 05 1999 - 04:06:04 CST