Steps to startup an Oracle7 server and a database running on it

From: News Luc <Jim.Kunnen_at_student.kuleuven.ac.be>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 16:28:04 +0100

Hi there,

I have started to setup an Oracle Server on Windows NT 4.0. My problems are the following:

After installing the server on my PC I want to create my own database (offcourse). The problem is I don't know what tool to user to create a database under oracle or which files to modify??? Another problem is that every Oracle tool (like Server Manager) needs me to login. When I installed the Oracle Server I had to give a username and a password and a database entry. The settings I filled in during the installation appear not to work??? And I also have to give a Service Name which I don't know what it means????

If anybody can give me some hints or a reference to some documents that can help me out for creating a database under Oracle and configure it afterwards, I would be very happy????

Thanks Jim Received on Thu Feb 04 1999 - 09:28:04 CST