Re: discovering PL/SQL and triggers

From: Mark Styles <styles-nospam_at_lambic.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:07:40 GMT

Serge LUCAS <Serge.Lucas_at_eurocontrol.fr> instructed their monkeys to type:
>> create trigger tr after delete on t1 for each row

I recommend using 'create or replace' instead of just 'create'

>> begin
>> insert into t2 values(OLD.X);

the variable should be :OLD.X not OLD.X

>> end;

>I obtain the following message from Oracle:
> Warning: Trigger created with compilation errors.

When you get this error, you can do 'show errors' in SQL*Plus to see more details.

Mark Styles
Oracle developer and DBA
http://www.lambic.co.uk/company Received on Thu Feb 04 1999 - 06:07:40 CST