Re: Y2K and Forms 4.5

From: Keith Jamieson <pdkj02_at_email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 07:52:46 +0000

The Problem is that although forms4.5 is Y2K compliant, the date routines
will only work until the year 2038 or thereabouts. This is so that all
the vendors can resell you their new hardware in 2038!

Glenn Baron wrote:

Hi all,

According to reliable sources, Forms 4.5 is "Y2K compliant" . However, I
have noticed some quirky behaviour when ASSIGNING date values in triggers.

Perhaps someone could shed some light ?

The basic situation is, in a d/b using "dd-mon-rr" default date format :

I want to assign a (*very*) 'high' value to a forms date field, using the
following syntax -

:date_thing := '31-Dec-49 ;

or

:date_thing := to_date('31-Dec-2199','dd-mon-yyyy') ;

where date_thing is an 11-character non-database date field in the form.

I get some strange results, which I won't disclose here for fear of
prejudicing your responses. I appreciate that some of the above could be
considered "Son of Y2K", but we're desperate :)

Cheers,

Glenn Baron