Insert and Update ? (newbie)

From: Mark McHugh <mchugh.mark.ma_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:35:16 +1100

Hi all, this is my first posting to this group. There are so many requests for help here I will be amazed if someone has the time to reply however here goes.

I have Oracle tables that have primary keys and which are also constrained foriegn keys.

I want to update the tables with rows that I am going to load using the sql loader. Some of the rows I am going to load are duplicates of the existing rows in the table (by the primary key) and some are new records.

How do I insert the new rows and update all the non-key fields to the values from the duplcate records ?

This seems to me to be something people must do all the time and there should be a nice ready made way of doing it ?

thanks,
Mark. Received on Wed Feb 03 1999 - 17:35:16 CST