Re: Creating a self-referencing stored function in Oracle8 ??

From: Grinberg L. <leon_at_grant.kharkov.ua>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:01:57 +0200

Hi David,

We are using such functions from Oracle 7.0, all work fine. Give your PL/SQL text and error message instead of SQLA script. I suggest your error is connected with some other reason. For example, you use function is SELECT statement.

David Pattinson wrote in message <36B657C0.BAE03246_at_addease.com.au>...
>Hi all,
>
>We are migrating from SQL Anywhere to Oracle8 at the moment
>and I have several self-referencing stored functions to
>convert. Oracle won't let me create the function as it is
>self-referencing

> select STRING(ORDERNUMBER,':
> ',f_getEntityDescription('company',COMPANYCODE))

Good luck,

Leon Grinberg leon_at_grant.kharkov.ua Received on Wed Feb 03 1999 - 10:01:57 CST