HELP ! My ORACLE Performance Dropped

From: verghese kochummen <verghese_at_vcmail.tpm.com.my>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:27:16 -0800

Need help on this problem. Please provide any guiding clues as I have run out of theories of my own.

my system's performance has dropped drastically recently. my question is as follows :

  1. If my hard disk capacity is at 90% (~ 1GB free). how serious is this implication on performance. previously i had about 2 GB free when the performance was good.
  2. i have a table that has about 28 million records and this table is quite heavily used for the process that i am having performance problems with. i was told that the table was created with a pre-allocated table space and that it should not affect performance so long as there is space allocated. My question is : I have to indexes on this table and each index uses a combination of 4 fields. When there are 28 million records in a table, is the indexing process a factor in performance drop even though there is space available on the disk.

any guiding input will be greatly appreciated. thanks. jadzien. Received on Wed Feb 03 1999 - 22:27:16 CST