Re: Copying an Oracle Database

From: Phil Hoggins <philh_at_sequent.com>
Date: 2 Feb 1999 08:42:42 GMT

It is quite easy to clone a database, it involves

  1. Copying the controlfile from the source database. ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROL FILE TO TRACE.
  2. Edit the trace file above to reference your new database and locations for new datafiles.
  3. Copy all datafile, redo logs etc to the new location
  4. startup the databases
  5. bingo.

I have some scripts to automate this however I wrote them for a database using raw datafiles so some tweaking to the scripts would be required and I'm assuming you are on Unix.

Mail me if you want these scripts and more detailed info on how to do this.

philh_at_sequent.com

Kirby Reycraft <reycraft_at_hillmar.com> wrote in article <36b5f635.3770500_at_192.168.10.43>...