Storing BLOB in a database: size-comparison to the file-system

From: Stefan Westner <stefan_at_westner.de>
Date: 1 Feb 1999 08:53:13 GMT

Hello,

I want to store documents, graphics, a. s. o. in an Oracle 7.3 and 8.0-database and wonder how big the overhead is?

Calculation: If the documents needs in the NT-Filesystem 1 GB how much will it need then when storing in a oracle-db? How does the db grow if I add new documents and how big should I create the db for above szie of documents?

Thanks

Stefan Westner Received on Mon Feb 01 1999 - 02:53:13 CST