Oracle setup question

From: Songmuh Jong <songmuh_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:41:14 -0500

Hello,

I need some help in setting up Oracle on a LAN server so that client machines can see the database through a client/server application. The application can see the database if it is located on the same machine, but fails to detect any database if the app and db are on different machines. I have tried to install the Oracle client on the client machines, and I could access database from the client using SQL*Plus. However, the application still cannot detect any database using either ODBC or native drivers. Can someone point me to the right direction about the proper procedure and the correct syntax? Thanks!

Songmuh
songmuh_at_yahoo.com Received on Sun Jan 31 1999 - 21:41:14 CST