Re: Importing data from MS Access

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 31 Jan 1999 01:11:54 GMT

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 22:38:53 GMT, reycraft_at_hillmar.com (Kirby Reycraft) wrote:

>I am importing information from an Access table into an Oracle table
>that has triggers.
>
>Will the imported information have any detrimental effect on my
>database because the destination table has triggers (and referential
>constraints too).

Presumably, the referential integrity and triggers are in place to prevent bad data from being loaded. Rarely are such things 100% effective. You could probably still load some bad data if you wanted to. The fact that the data is coming from Access really has nothing to do with it. My advice would be to do everything possible to ensure that the data in Access is good and correct before loading it into Oracle.

Jonathan Received on Sat Jan 30 1999 - 19:11:54 CST